We were on our own on Friday since the OTs were both not in town that day. By Friday I was down to only 1.5 tube feeds a day (I usually get 4 a day), so more than half my usual calories was gone. Mommy noticed a big difference in my hunger. She kept trying to offer me whatever she thought I could take because she could sense I was hungry.
Of course, Daddy didn't miss his nap on Friday.

For my Friday dinner, I ate a pretty good (meaning more than usual) amount of spaghetti and drank some milk and ate some apples with caramel. I crunched through a lot of apples, but, unfortunately, not a lot of them ended up in my stomach.
On Saturday, I went to Auntie Grace and Uncle Jeffrey's house for Auntie April and Uncle David's Baby Shower.

Of course, I paid a visit to my favorite bunnies with Pastor Solomon's girls (I was too focused on Cookie and Foo Foo to turn to the camera).

I witnessed a blossoming friendship.

And discovered a really fun toy. All the meanwhile, Mommy was feeding me snacks at the party. I started to really like watermelon, after Mommy reminded me the story about the mouse who ate a watermelon. I seem to be encouraged by animals eating foods (I try any vegetable or fruit that bunnies eat and I ate yogurt before after watching Uncle David's video of Lucy eating it).

Congratulations Auntie April and Uncle David! Lucy and I will have a another friend to play with eventually.

During the car ride back, I finished off my yogurt smoothie. Daddy stopped by Trader Joe's to stock on some more fatty foods for me and while waiting for him, I drank some bear milk (or as everyone calls it, Pediasure).

On Sunday, I was snacking on church snacks. Here I am running around with Cheetos fangs. During lunch, I also snacked on a Taiwanese pork burger. Mommy thinks I like the pork fat, but I guess most people as Uncle James said, like pork fat. I also had shaved ice with a bunch of goodies on top. I said, "This is good!" so Mommy made a mental note to buy some condensed milk for me. After lunch, Mommy and Daddy went to Whole Foods to look for more fatty caloric foods for me.
All in all, our time away from Children's wasn't too bad, just more cleanup, laundry to wash (I went through 2-3 changes of clothes each day), and more foods to brainstorm and prepare. I did gain better eating skills and eat more in quantity. Mommy thinks I will surprise my therapists when I go back to Children's on Monday.Hopefully, I haven't lost too much weight, but we'll find that out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment