Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boot Camp Day 9: Keeping the Course

I've been doing so well, Kim, my dietician decided to reduce my tube feedings to only 1 a day now (the rest supplemented with water). Karen, my OT today, saw my great progress, and was really excited too.

Mommy forgot to take pictures during my time at Children's since it was a busy day. I went to U-Village again and got my free bang trim (it's free bang trim or braids every Tuesday) at Kid's Club. I might get braids next time. :) Then we had lunch with Auntie Sharon. I ate up the samples of Lemon Velvet cake, and two different spreads: sun dried tomato and gargonzola onion.




This is my dinner today. I liked my roasted red pepper tomato soup so much that I patiently slurped it with a little baby spoon. Mommy gave me bigger soup spoon and I proceeded to eat with two spoons. I've been into the whole milk smoothie (the orange bottle in the corner). I almost drank the whole thing during dinner.


Here I am reading to my new friends. Auntie Sharon spoiled me with some toys that I liked playing at the toy store (the dinosaur and hamster). I got Hula Minnie Mouse from the security guard at Children's yesterday. I brought in a latex ballon that I got at storytime at Kids's Club, and the security guard confiscated it because no latex is allowed in the hospital (due to allergies). I started crying really loud and the nice security guard came back with a Hula Minnie. Crying has its rewards. :)

1 comment:

hannah m said...

This is so exciting! You're doing such a good job, Jujube! I'm always looking for yummy high calorie food to give Miss Viv so I love checking out what you're enjoying! Keep up the great work!