Thursday, July 22, 2010

Boot Camp Day Four: Hunger Signs

On Day 4 I had the same halved tube diet as Day 3. Peggy, my OT, was trying to establish more a rhythm of me eating (i.e. eating more bites). I did eat a little more, but I was pretty tired and frustrated too. I showed that by throwing a container of yogurt across the room, splattering yogurt on Daddy and on the wall and floor. :(

Here are my wheels on the way to the playroom during my break.

Mommy noticed I have this strange behavior of putting fingers in my mouth. They didn't know if it was because I was hungry or because I was teething (more molars?).




Daddy got me in a checkmate, but I was too focused on my favorite piece, the black knight.


Mommy was thirsty so she bought a smoothie at Starbucks with hopes that I would drink some. And surprisingly, I did during my last meal at Children's for the day! More signs that my hunger is kicking in.

After my last meal at the hospital, I napped in the car while Daddy drove to Vasa Park for his company picnic.

I eventually woke up pretty groggy.


There were a lots of activities, but I think they were for older kids.


I played chess again and grabbed my favorite piece.




And I ran across the board to get another favorite piece.


After the chess game, I saw the beach across the way and dragged Mommy and Daddy over there.



The 'ocean,' as I called it, had ducks and a water slide.


I really wanted to splash in the water and I did a little.



I got my sandals wet and sand on my feet so Mommy washed my toes. I held them up to dry for a while.

My last meal of the day at home was bunny mac and cheese (with tons of butter and whole milk), milk, carrots with ranch dressing, and easy (spray) cheese. You might cringe at the easy cheese, but I actually ate a lot of it and it has a decent amount of calories. If anyone knows a more natural form of spray cheese with a similar texture, please tell my Mommy. In feeding therapy, we have to start somewhere, even if it is food that is not so healthy. I actually ate a really good amount at my last meal, more than Mommy has seen me eat before. My hunger is really kicking in!

No comments: