I went for my first hippotherapy lesson at
Little Bit today after being on the wait list for almost 2 years. No, I didn't get to ride any hippos (although I wouldn't mind that too). Hippos is Greek for horse. Horseback riding helps me improve my balance and trunk strength.

Right when we got there, my PT, Stacey took me to the arena to ride Mahon (
more about Mahon). I was pretty persistent about bringing my little horse to show Mahon, but Stacey said I needed both my hands to hold on.

She said Mahon is pretty feisty and energetic so he would be a great match for me (Mommy agrees entirely about me being full of energy).
First Horseback Ride from Jujube on Vimeo.
I had fun riding on Mahon around the arena. He has a really soft mane and tail. I rode him forward, side saddle, and backwards. I was accompanied by Stacey, and three other volunteers to help keep me safe. They said usually their riders are pretty quiet, but I was chatting all along the way the entire lesson. I like talking to them about horses.

Here I am about to dismount. It was fun, but I was exhausted (although my restful state only lasted a minute).

After my lesson, it was lunch time for the horses. It's fun watching them peek out of their windows. There are around 22+ horses at Little Bit. I think each of them have a window to poke their head out.

One of the horses licked my head. I had to wash my hair well that night.
Window Horses from Jujube on Vimeo.
Time to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment