Mommy had been coaching me about big girls preschool for a few weeks before my first day of preschool (Nov 22). We went on a tour there before Dei Dei was born and I had fun playing there.

For the first week, Mommy drove me to school and I took the bus back home. She had to do some paperwork for me with the nurse and wanted to be acquainted with where I was going.

Here I am entering school with Ms. Atsuko, the teacher's aide.

Mommy waited for me to come home on my first bus ride home. She kept looking down the road for my bus and got excited each time she saw a yellow bus.

My bus finally arrived with Kathy the bus driver.

Mommy got on the bus and unbuckled me to bring me home. She's always happy to see me greet her with a big smile.
My first week of school was an adjustment. On my second day, I told Mommy, "I want to go to the other preschool," and cried. I missed Kindering a lot. I also cried during PE. My teachers thought I cried because I was overwhelmed by the big room and the noise. For the second week of preschool it got a little better and I rode the bus to and from school.

Here I am walking to the bus stop.

About to cross the street with Mommy

...and waiting for the bus.

Mommy took a picture of me at this window while the bus driver was buckling me in. Too bad you can't see me.

Dei Dei likes to lounge around while I'm at school.
After 2 weeks of preschool, my days were better and I didn't cry. It has been a big adjustment for me (and Mommy). Now Mommy doesn't have the privilege of having a one-way mirror like she did at Kindering where she was able to watch me in action. I don't always tell Mommy what I did at preschool, so she tries to figure out my activities by looking at the papers I bring home or by the stains on my clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment