Thursday, May 28, 2009

New York, New York Part 4: Jujube Takes On FAO

Dim Sum in NY from Jujube on Vimeo.

We started the day eating dim sum with Adrian's mommy and daddy, Edison's grandma, and Grauntie Sandy, Pau Pau, Dai Kaumo, Dai Kaufu, and Sai Kaufu. I had some mango pudding, but I think I gave most of it to Daddy.


After dim sum, Grauntie Sandy took us around the city and the first stop was FAO!!!!!!


Unfortunately, I had started a nap on our way there and I slept through a lot of FAO, so I didn't get to do a thorough visit. I guess I'll have to wait until another time to visit FAO. I did see a few parts, though.


I woke up while passing the Barbie section. This is the Barbie Runway. Mommy didn't let me stay here too long. Although she loved playing with Barbies when she was little, she didn't want me to get the Barbie complex (wanting to be blond and blue eyed).

Scary Rat from Jujube on Vimeo.

Daddy had fun here, maybe a little too much fun.


Here, I met Spot from one of my favorite books.

There are a lot of Spots here!

Bear Shopping with Daddy from Jujube on Vimeo.

Here I am in the Bear section with Daddy.


This bear is as big as Daddy!

My visit to FAO wasn't all that bad. I scored two birds from the Wild Kingdom section. They each have their own distinct bird sounds. I love my birdies!

After FAO, Grauntie Sandy drove us around the major sites for Daddy to see, like the Empire State Building and South Street Seaport. We stopped in a few places.


Daddy is being silly in Rockefeller Center

Daddy in Time Square

The Statue of Liberty!

Daddy is being silly again.


Home with My Buddies from Jujube on Vimeo.

After our plane ride back, it was nice to be at home. I gave hugs to some of my buddies that I missed. If you look carefully, you can see my two new birdies from FAO!

All in all, I had a lot of fun in NY. I saw a lot of new sights and met lots of family. I hope I can see everyone again soon (maybe at the next wedding)! We miss you!

3 comments:

King Kong Rah Rah Rah said...

we passed by the downtown seattle FAO last night after eating dinner out. i think we should take a field trip to FAO!!

Jujube said...

hey, i thought all the fao's closed down except for the ny one.
yeah, we should go then! that would be fun!

hannah m said...

This looks like such a fun trip! Your NYC photos are awesome!