Saturday, April 30, 2011

Milestones Month


After 4 months of big girls preschool (3 months hippotherapy, 8 months sensory integration PT, >3 years of regular PT)*, I was reaching almost all my IEP gross motor goals. I can walk on uneven surfaces without falling (i.e. gravel, wood chips at the playground, rocky surfaces), jump, and even walk up 2 steps unassisted (no handrail and still working on more steps).

All my teachers and therapist say that I have to work harder than most people to do things that most take for granted. I still have more goals to accomplish, but Mommy and Daddy are so amazed at my progress and so proud of me for coming this far! And Dei Dei is happy too!

*All this doesn't include 2.5 yrs of feeding therapy, and 3 yrs of hearing education, and 3yrs of weekly to monthly visits to Children's Hospital.

2 comments:

King Kong Rah Rah Rah said...

great job jujube! looks like your hops are already higher that toby's... haha.

AliceSee said...

Great job, Jujube!