Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm Eating (A Little Bit)

My OT asked Mommy to take some videos of me eating so she can show another feeding therapist. Here are some videos of me lately. These may not be too exciting for the typical kid, but for me, Mommy was especially excited. (She gets excited over each bite I take.) I've come to like food a little more now. In our world, every tiny step is a big one.

Eating Yogurt from Jujube on Vimeo.
I always want to hold the yogurt cup and eat all by myself now.


Whipped Cream from Jujube on Vimeo.
Most moms cringe at the food I use for therapy (and how I use it). Whipped cream will probably be one of them, along with marshmallows, ranch dressing, cheese spread, cheese puffs, fries, and BBQ potato chips, which are some of my favorites. In the world of feeding therapy, meal-time is supposed to be fun and stress-free to help me enjoy eating and conquer sensory issues. This often leads to messy play and facials. Feeding therapy is really not for the clean freaks out there.

Drinking a Cup of Water from Jujube on Vimeo.
For more than a year, I wasn't supposed to drink any liquids through my mouth. Can you imagine that?

3 comments:

Jeffrey said...

yeah for Jujube!!

hannah m said...

Yay for yummy food! Viv and I loved watching these videos of you. You are such a sweetheart!

Vivian (and I) love that creamy Trader Joe's yogurt, too!

Shirley said...

that is great to hear. mmm! barbecue potato chips. yay for jujube! :)