On the day before our return trip, we went to the San Diego Zoo. Since it was so big, we thought we'd focus on animals we couldn't find at Woodland Park Zoo (which were plenty), but there were a few cool exhibits -like the cheetah with its dog companion. Some of the animals, like the cheetah, get walked around the zoo. That day we saw a big white wolf being walked.
We saw most of the exhibits by tour bus and sat on top of the double decker bus. That saved us some time and energy. Unfortunately, Dei Dei didn't like to sit still for the ride and managed to throw his hat overboard while were in the big cats area during the tour.
This exhibit had lots of fish swimming around in the pond where the hippos hung out.
Daddy was trying to taunt the bonobos (pygmy chimps) here.
We went to see the pandas.
Only the mama panda Bai Yun, was there that day because papa Panda had an annual exam.
I found some bamboo and wanted to feed her.
I loved looking at all the exhibits. The aviarys were cool and I loved watching the birds. I wish I could come back again!
No comments:
Post a Comment