Sunday, May 23, 2010

Zoo Trip: Meerkats

I went to the zoo recently to check out the meerkats since they came in this month.

They were really cute, digging together, standing up on their hind legs, and running in unison.

Right at the entrance of the exhibit, there's a model of a meerkat hole. I saw a millipede and Daddy got some of the Dung Beetle. Don't worry, it's fake! :)

I came back to the Willawong station to feed birds and I held on to one bird all by myself on the bird seed stick.

I saw two napping jaguars. The other one not pictured was lying on its back. They were enjoying the beautiful weather we had.


I also saw the gorillas! They were very funny.

Daddy said not to copy their behavior.





Yucky Gorilla from Jujube on Vimeo.
Especially this one. We saw this gorilla do this at least 3 times. WARNING!!! This is not for the squeamish. This made Mommy get her morning sickness back for a while. Apparently, they do this in captivity because they like the taste.



Here's a beautiful peacock strutting its feathers.



We also went to an animal play area. Daddy's pretending he's a big spider.



And I'm the fly.




Then he became a turtle.


I wanted to be a turtle too!











Giraffe Feeding from Jujube on Vimeo.

I fed the giraffes again too! It was such a fun day!

2 comments:

King Kong Rah Rah Rah said...

nice! ugh, that video is making my stomach churn too!

glad you made it out. even if i hadn't canceled the outing, we wouldn't have made it. Tb is still sick :(

Olivia said...

yeah, we figure we might as well get the mose use out of the membership. Hope Tb feels better!