The next day after we arrived, Mommy's company took us on a tour of the Boston suburbs to check out the neighborhoods. It was my first time on a bus.
I felt like a grown up because I didn't even sit in a car seat. There were no seat belts on this bus!
However, I did get bored a bit looking at old houses. It was a four hour tour!I was really tired at the end. Even Daddy was tired. He slept the rest of the day while Mommy and I went to Copley Place.
On our last day, we had a chance to do some sightseeing.
On my trip to Boston, I got to take all sorts of transportation. First a plane, then a taxi, then a bus, and now the subway! The T is the oldest subway in the U.S.
I was looking around at each new stop.
Our first stop was Harvard Square. Daddy learned about the 3 lies about John Harvard and rubbed his foot for good luck.
This is where Mommy slept her freshman year. JFK and Ben Bernanke also slept there too.
This the the hugest library I have ever seen!
Daddy wanted to sneak into this lecture hall but they were taking a quiz that day.
Our next stop was the Freedom Trail. We only did parts of it because we didn't have a lot of time left. We went through Fanueil Hall and the old state house. For some reason Daddy wanted to see the site of the Boston massacre. I'm not supposed to know what a massacre is! We almost missed it because it's only this circular brick area with a star in the middle.
Following the red line for the Freedom Trail, we passed by an oyster bar and Daddy wanted to slurp some raw oysters.
Daddy had oysters at America's oldest restaurant.
When I was still in Mommy's belly, she had a craving for cannolis from Little Italy. Mike's Pastry in the North End is almost as good. I had a little bite myself.
"One if by land, Two if by sea..." We passed by Paul Revere's house too. That was our last stop on the Freedom Trail. It goes all the way to the Bunker Hill Monument and USS Constitution, but it was already time to go the the airport.
I was glad to be back home because I got to try out my new birthday present from Uncle Jun, Auntie Christine and Carolyn. Mommy is still a little sleepy though because I'm still on east coast time.

No comments:
Post a Comment